Overview: The Cook at Pioneer Relief Nursery will prepare USDA approved meals while keeping the kitchen and service area clean and sanitary. This staff person will assist in purchasing of meal service food and supplies and maintaining nutrition records.
- Current Food Handler’s card (may be obtained upon hire)
- Experience in purchasing and preparing culturally diverse foods for groups
- Ability to understand and use basic math
- Knowledge of early childhood nutrition and CACFP guidelines (training will be provided)
- Skills in working with children
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Previous cook/custodial experience preferred
- Position will require the use of gloves during food preparation and sanitation duties
Specific Duties in Meal Service:
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Create and post menus for the program month in kitchen, common areas, and classrooms
- Prepare creditable meals for children, volunteers, and staff using the provided menu, menu planning sheets, approved recipes
- Maintain nutrition records as required, including monthly receipts for USDA reimbursement
- Purchase food and supplies according to the planned menu and seasonal availability
- Assist in planning and preparation of classroom Nutrition Activities
- Store food and supplies properly
- Maintain safety of the environment for staff and children
- Work with Food Program Coordinator and Executive Director to ensure compliance with meal service requirements
- Clean and sanitize dishes, tableware, pot, pans, etc. in a timely manner
- Always maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen
- Ensure disposal of garbage each school day
Specific Duties in the Agency:
- Participate in staff meetings
- Participate in professional development as required to meet organization and governing agency requirements and personal Professional Development goals.
- Follow established standards, policies, and procedures of PRN.
- Maintain confidentiality with clients.
- Play an active role in the development of a personal Professional Development Plan
- Participate in training related to Mandatory Reporting of child abuse or neglect.